Monday, June 29, 2015

Fly on the Glass


I am usually lost in thoughts about life in general. Every time I have such a feeling I think about that world, planet, solar system, galaxy analogy and infer that we are just trying to live through the life and it is indeed pretty absurd. Assuming different roles and characters to make ourselves significant enough and try to find a meaning in this meaningless chaos.

Today, I was waiting for the elevator to reach a place we call office, where I assume the role of a Marketer and do whatever I can to justify around 9 hours of my life every day. The wait was quite irritating as It was a day I woke up on the wrong side of the bed and was contemplating most of the decisions I have made in my life. Not that they matter though. So, while waiting I heard this buzzing sound coming from the window pane behind me, it was a fly trying desperately to do something but as I saw it, it was quite useless. I think she was trying to get to the other side, the side she could see but couldn’t be in. The elevator came but I didn’t get in and the gentleman operating it frowned and left. I was quite keen on seeing the fly make something out of the struggle it had put in. The wings were buzzing relentlessly and making a noise which otherwise it was not capable of. Time and again she covered a lot of the glass pane to find an outlet which would let her break on through to the other side, but to no avail. She rested for a while and I thought she gave up and will fly off it in disgust but there she was at it again, more vigorously then ever. For a moment I thought I should just shoo it away to the opening but then I didn’t know if she would like it or not.

For around 5 minutes I was a witness to the most extreme struggle I have seen in quite some time. The Elevator came again and with it came the same operator gentleman looking at me curiously. I gave up to his eyes and walked in quietly pressing the 20th floor button I was supposed to be in. Reached my cubicle, unpacked my bag, had a sip of water and rested my 82 Kg’s on the chair which was used to me. I turned on my laptop and started looking at the window. Suddenly I was anxious to go on the other side, to breathe “that” side of the air. In my mind I was struggling like that mighty fly trying desperately to find a way out, but couldn’t. I spent the rest of my working hours within the glass and left for home.


There I was, out of the glass but it didn’t matter anymore.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...


How easily one gets jaded ... Gotta live like the fly .. With vigour and zest. Do things that make you happy. You get only one life.. And finite time